Car salesmen have a tendency to be a little deceiving.
In a recent Gallup research poll, car salesmen were ranked the second most deceiving in terms of occupation, just above members of congress. There’s something to say about a job that generates its
income from commission that brings out the worst in people. So, if you’re in the market for a new car, what should you be aware of when you go to the dealerships?
- They’re professional salespeople. They will deceive you without you knowing. It’s best to prepare ahead of time, and go to the dealerships with some research and
questions in hand. Never buy before doing your own research on the car type and model, making sure that it’s the perfect fit for you without someone chiming in to get you to second-guess your
- They will always ask questions about you for two reasons. First, everyone loves to talk about themselves and they know this. Second, they need to get a feel for you.
They may have a few models that they’re trying to hit hard, but if they know you and what you’re more willing to buy, they will always change their suggestions to accommodate the type of person that
- Watch out for test drives. Obviously, salesmen are people, too. They are going to make you laugh, and make you trust them. But extended one-on-one time with
a salesperson can be dangerous. They aren’t robbers or criminals, but they do have the ability to make you believe things that are not necessarily true.
- They will not lie to you. They have a unique ability to dodge questions, answering in a way that makes it seem like they said something of substance, but they
didn’t. If they don’t want you knowing the answer to your question, then they will never lie to you, but they will also never tell you the straightforward truth about something that might turn you
away from a purchase. However, if you ask about a minor detail, they’ll be more than happy to admit defeat. They will use this method a lot – come out and say the straightforward truth about
something that won’t break the deal in an effort to build trust.
- Negotiate. You have this power. When buying something as large as a car, they’re willing to settle if it means that they get any money at all. Use your buying power in
Here at Lemon Checks, we emphasize the importance of knowledge. Knowing what your used car has gone through can drastically affect
your decision to purchase or not. Although it may seem like you can tell by simply looking at the vehicle, many bugs are hidden until you’ve been driving the car for quite some time. We
offer a completely free vehicle history report, a free VIN check, and a free
Carfax, along with many other services that can be accessed by simply using our site. Now I know this is seen all over the place – It’s as if everyone is offering something
“free” nowadays, but there’s always a catch. In all likelihood, the only reason that you’re reading this blog is to determine for yourself whether or not our company and our model is
a scam or not. Well I’m here to assure you that there are no ifs, ands, or buts, just absolutely free used car history reports! Try it out for yourself! Our reputation
precedes us, and I’m sure you’ll find it to be true.
- We are a small company based out of New York that has a very simple model: provide customers with the knowledge necessary so that they can accurately and efficiently
determine for themselves if a used vehicle listed warrants a purchase or new asking price. We base our reports on what the car has gone through in its past vehicle
history, leaving no stone unturned.
- We know that the purchasing process can be grueling… we’ve all been there. We want to take that process and make it as easy as possible. No one should blindly
purchase a car simply because the exterior seems to be what they say it is. We exhaust all of our resources and tools to get you the utmost accurate vehicle history
report, including everything from the car’s conception to its current state.
- Our team is fully compassionate about what we do. Comprised of car experts and self-proclaimed aficionados, we truly love what we do. This passion is reflected by our
work everyday. Pursuing what we love while helping others to make the best used car buying decisions possible – we have success on all fronts.
We are not only a company, we are a family. One that
wakes up in the morning to serve the potential buyer; one that derives its own happiness from that of others; one that prides itself on its results, and we will get you results. Not to mention our
product is FREE!